You say you are tired and beat when you come home from work but want something the family will enjoy and like for dinner? How about a chicken pot pie. It is good any time of the year and is definitely easy to make.
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 12 oz. of sour cream
- 1 can Veg-All mixed vegetables
- 4 or 5 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
1. Combine soup, sour cream, vegetables and chicken and place it in a 9 x 12-inch pan.
2. Mix butter, milk, baking powder and self-rising flour together in a medium-size bowl.
3. Pour mixture over chicken. Do not stir.
4. Bake at 425° for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until crust rises and browns
Serve and enjoy! Great with homemade Southern style rolls.